Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Music To Read Bond By :: Various Artists

























Staying with the spy theme a little longer. Music To Read James Bond By. A compilation from the Sean Connery Bond era. The two songs posted here are different versions from the movies.

UPDATE: All songs from the record have been added.

9 comments:

X Esquire said...

Any chance of posting the full track list? This has been one album I've been dying to locate. Great album choice...

brainwerk said...

No problem - If you want me to post any others, I'll try and get them on.

Ferrante & Teicher - The James Bond Theme

John Barry - 007

The La Playas - Underneath the Mango Tree

Sir Julian - Black on Pink

Perez Prado - Goldfinger

The Leasebreakers - Living It Up

Al Caiola - From Russia With Love

Monty Norman - Jamaica Jump Up

Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger

LeRoy Holmes - Golden Girl

John Barry - Girl Trouble

Dick Ruedebusch - The Elegant Venus

X Esquire said...

I have the Barry / Bassey tracks, but I'd kill for the others if you get around to it. Thanks again.

brainwerk said...

Will do. It may be a few weeks though. I've just ripped a ton of stuff in to post. I'll get to it though. I'll shoot you an email from your blog when they are up.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting these 2 songs!
are the rest of this LP different versions as well?
i got all Bond original soundtracks from 60's-70's and apparently interested in different versions, mixes etc

brainwerk said...

About half are the same versions as the soundtracks. I'll post the alternate versions.

Matthew said...

I have this record too! Oh MAN, I'd forgotten how snazzy a listen it was! thanks for reminding me! :D

iggy said...

Thanks BW. Been looking forward to this one. And I look forward to checking your blog. All the best,

Ig

Anonymous said...

What year was this album first released?