Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hey Kids, It's Lunch With Casey

Hey Kids! Every city had their local kid's TV personalities in the 60's and 70's. One of the great ones we had in the Minneapolis area (channel 11) was Casey Jones along with his sidekick Roundhouse Rodney. I only caught the tail end of this childhood local programming. What I remember most was his Happy Birthday song. I do have a memory of seeing Casey at a local parade driving a very small train (more like a go-cart). He barely fit in the thing and I remember it smoking pretty badly. He was all smiles and waves and I remember thinking, "Wow! I just saw Casey Jones." On the way back to car with my family we saw the same little train in the ditch, abandoned, on it's side, with a bottle laying next to it... I wish there was something like this for my son to watch. All of this light-hearted, simple program is gone.

CASEY JONES :: CASEY'S COMEDY ALBUM FOR KIDS

OR DOWNLOAD FROM RAPIDSHARE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww man, Casey and Roundhouse. Fond memories for me, having been a child of the 60s and 70s.

Remember when Rodney would do that "Walking In My Winter Underwear" skit? Hehe, I sure do! But then, I still recall Clancy and Carmen quite clearly. It helps that my Cub Scout den was invited on their show one morning, I was so proud when my cousins said they saw me on TV!. :P

Did you ever hear the rumours that Casey and Roundhouse were, well, let's just say, "less than sober" during the taping of the show sometimes? I cannot say either way, but - I will say this - my father used to hang out at Mr. Bob's sometimes after work, and occasionally he would see Casey there all liquored up. :)

Great blog - I just found it tonight, keep up teh awesome work - I will be back! Thank you!