Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Like, Cool Man...

Here is one of the coolest records I've posted here. It's a collection of songs for all you beat fans out there. It's called Welcome To The Beat Generation. There is no real copyright on this thing though. Was it a bootleg? Great songs by Mamie Van Doren (I told someone out there I'd post a song from her), Edd Byrnes, Bob McFadden and a bunch of others. For a complete listing, read names on the back cover. Break out the bongos, light up a smoke, sit back and enjoy.

VARIOUS ARTISTS :: WELCOME TO THE BEAT GENERATION

23 comments:

DZONDZON said...

Posting problems. Drag,man.

Anonymous said...

noooo! Please!! I have to hear this!!

Anonymous said...

Downloading!
thanks a lot.

Tha drawings look like Shel Silverstein's

http://tinyurl.com/ykw9oa

Anonymous said...

Good drawings karra!

Anonymous said...

hooray hoot hoot top man going for it now thanks 4 tryiny and geting it going
regard
the dalmation

Esther said...

Crazy, man, crazy! Like, this record is outta site, daddyo!

Stax o' Wax

Josh said...

You wouldn't happen to have an LP that came out in 1988 called Sgt. Pepper Knew My Father (an album of Beatles covers) would you?

swac said...

Tried to download...no dice.

But I've got that Sgt. Pepper cover album. I love The Fall's version of A Day in the Life.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I wasn't tapped into your blog soon enough to catch a lot of things, and I'm REALLY sorry I missed this one. Possible repost?

brainwerk said...

All non-Christmas is down until after the holidays. The high volume of visitors crashed the server...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for re-posting. The album looks great, but some songs appear to be missing. Will you be re-posting the rest of the songs?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Y DE DONDE???????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

Y DE DONDE???????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

DE DONDE Y DE QUE AÑO ES ESTE DISCO ????????????????????????

GRACIAS

Wayne Davidson said...

I suspect the typography, design and possibly the artwork is the work of Australian graphic designer Phillip Brophy (www.philipbrophy.com). I think this may have been released on Au Go Go or Phillip's Present Records label. I could be wrong, but I recall seeing it in Australian record shops back in the day.

said...

What's up with your server???

The server at files.brainwerk.com is taking too long to respond.

I was all ready to dig beatsville!

brainwerk said...

I'll repost. Please check back. Thanks!

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

I'm still in hope this will be reposted...

Anonymous said...

Sooooo disappointed this was never reposted... :(