Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Shazam!

More Classic TV heros here. I've never been a fan of Jim Nabors operatic singing, but if he sings like Gomer, I'm so there. Here are six cuts from Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. Is it odd that I like this album so much?




FOR ENTIRE ALBUM, GO HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, i cant wait to hear these. Happy to see he covered Roger Miller song (Buffalo Herd). I dont see enuf Roger Miller on the music blogs. Rest in Peace.

Gomer Pyle woulda got his ass kicked in the real Marines. Thats why TV is so great.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either...

Wastedpapiers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wastedpapiers said...

Great stuff. I've never heard of Gomer Pyle but these sound a bit like Homer & Jethro which can't be all bad!
I had some Roger Miller over at my blog a few weeks back-

http://bootsalesounds.blogspot.com/

J.R. Kinnard said...

Dear god in heaven, that's glorious! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it. I grew up hearing Buffalo Herd by Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle). Until recently, I never new this was a remake of a Roger Miller Song.

Second the idea of the whole album.

You wouldn't happen to have Choo'n Gum by Teresa Brewer would you?