Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Six-Pack Family Plannin'

It's about time. Southern Culture on the Skids is putting out a live cd. I've probably seen them five times and they are always a hoot; flying pieces of fried chicken and oatmeal pies everywhere. Here is a picture I took of Rick, the lead singer, and my cousin John. How can I describe them? Hillbilly + Blues + Country Twang... Remember Otis the drunk from Mayberry? It would be his favorite band if he was alive today. If you pre-order the cd at Yep Roc Records, you get three extra live tracks. Get it!

Here are a couple of my favorite songs. Shotgun from Plastic Seat Sweat and My House Has Wheels from Ditch Diggin'.

SORRY. FILES HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

1 comment:

BenT said...

Great Blog! I can't believe I just discovered your blog.. I'll have to bookmark and link to you from my blog next time I update.

One of my fans surprised me at the last Comic show I tabled at with a gift of the new SCOTS live CD.

It's a great listen!

If you want a unique SCOTS CD, I recommend their album Zombified which I got at one of their live shows. Last time I checked, it was still available for purchase at the YepRoc website.

It's a whole CD of Swamp-Rock Halloweenish tunes.