Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Star Wars : A New Hope : Read Along

This was ripped from a Buena Vista Records read-along version of Star Wars - A New Hope. 7" : 33 1/3 RPM. The sound effects and voice actors all sound pretty good, except for Darth. He's a little lame. I'll be posting The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in a few days. These read-along records really bring me back. This stuff was really exciting to me as a kid. Was I a dork? Yep...

STAR WARS :: READ-ALONG BOOK AND RECORD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for posting these MP3s! As a kid I too was captivated by star wars and particularly the read-along book. I listened to the star wars one so much (on cassette here in Australia) that it was practically imprinted on my memory. As an adult I could recite large portions of it after not hearing it for decades. Great party trick... but demonstrates that I too was a dork! It bugged me that I couldn't find the old cassette and book so I was really glad to come across your blog. Now I have it all... although I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the pages of the book so I can show my own kids.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Please re-upload these star wars records, I would love to hear them

Anonymous said...

it'd be great if you could re-up these please - I loved these things as a kid!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh, I have a Flash version of the book with the pages at my site if you want to relive the rest of it.
www.readalongadventures.com
But Check the Cool Wax is an excellent site! My favourite right now is the Colonol Sanders' Tijuana Picnic record. I just love that cover of him under the trees with the other picnicers.