Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

All I Want For Christmas

























I was in the process of ripping this album in when I gave up. There was just too much dust damage on the records. It was from The Great One, Jackie Gleason. It was 20 Instrumentals called All I Want For Christmas. Still one of the all time best covers...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the holidays our bookgroup reads favorite passages & excerpts of the season that strike our fancy.

This year I chose one by Jackie Gleason that I found, at all places, on dailywav.com.

Would have loved to have heard the album rip, but now it gives me a reason to go record shopping. As if I needed a reason! :-D

Dave said...

I know the feeling. I've had a couple of Lps that bad this season as well.

Dave

Anonymous said...

can ya post the back of the cover ...looks great

Anonymous said...

check rock over graceland for cool jackie xmas cd rips cheers

http://rockovergraceland.blogspot.com/

Stephen said...

Holy frijoles! They don't make covers like that anymore.

Anonymous said...

Somebody had ripped and posted this on the alt.binaries...christmas.mp3 newsgroup. I dl'd it if you need it. I have the vinyl too, but haven't tried to rip it yet.

Anonymous said...

I have the same album and my copy is also a scratchy mess. Guess it was played a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Re.dust damage, You need to get a record cleaner of the type that you use cleaning fluid with and then it hoovers it clean, I bought one of these and couldn't believe the difference it made, even to records that I thought were clean, it certainly made many previously unplayable records playable, really really amazing difference, the one I have is European and is called something like The Okkie Nokkie