Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Monday, December 19, 2011

A Great Old Christmas Picture


I found this great old image up at our family cabin this summer. It's my mom and dad before kids. (I'm the youngest of eight!) Also in the picture is my grandma and great-grandma. I'm guessing it's from the mid to early 50's. What is so great is that it was from a color slide. Photography at the time was primarily black and white, so this is a real treat to see it in color. Look at how decked out this place was for Christmas! That is what I call decorating for the holidays. Looks like my mom was lucky enough to get the Ironing Caddy she had her eye on...

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Very nice peek into the past! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful color shot! Wish all photos were this good!!