Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

RIP Buck Owens :: 1929 - 2006






















The Baron of Bakersfield is dead at 76 years old. I think he was the most underrated man in country music. Everybody loves Cash, and they should. But say you are a big fan of Buck Owens and you just may get a little chuckle. He had 15 #1 hits in a row with an unmistakable sound that could be extremely peppy or extremely depressing. I never had the pleasure to see Buck in concert and I guess I never will now. This is a real drag. I will post some of my favorite songs later, right now I'm going to mope...

"I'd like to be remembered as a guy that came along and did his music, did his best and showed up on time, clean and ready to do the job, wrote a few songs and had a hell of a time." - Buck Owens, 1992

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... I didn't know Buck Owens died. Bummer.

RIP, Buck.

-moll

Puckwheat said...

I saw Buck and the Bucakaroos at Busch Gardens in California in the summer of 1974. I got my picture taken with one of my early heroes Don Rich (I was 9 years old) before the show. Just a couple of weeks later he was killed in a motorcycle accident and Buck was never the same. Now Buck and Don are singing beautiful harmonies in Hillbilly Heaven.