Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Caroleers :: Sleigh Ride/Jingle Bells

Here is my 2nd Caroleers post of the season. Actually labeled this time as The Caroleer Singers and Orchestra. This one is a bit more peppier and has all original songs. A real gem that deserves not to be overlooked. Here's the entire album.



THE CAROLEERS :: SLEIGHRIDE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I own this. Definitely worth the download just to hear the title track. Even though the LP title is "Sleigh Ride (SLASH) Jingle Bells," it refers to just one song - an original. "Sleigh ride jingle bells, sleigh ride jingle bells." Weird.

swac said...

Oddly enough, I am not familiar with these Caroleer records at all. I'm guessing they never travelled north of the border to Canada. The same way you probably never got Stompin' Tom Connors' Merry Christmas Everybody (which is brilliant).

Dave said...

File removed for abuse it says.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see this one again. I've heard it before, but these Caroleers albums are always a treat since they bring back lots of fun memories.

The Oddio Overplay Team said...

Thanks for sharing this one. I have yet to rip mine, and it is a real Winter favorite. I can remember Mama dropping the needle on these original songs every year.

Yours is the version I grew up with, and here's an alternative cover at FaLaLaLaLa.com.

knmkendall said...

Ah what memories! I am enjoying hearing this album SO MUCH! Thank you for the download. What a great Christmas gift to me this year. Have a very Merry Christmas!!