Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Merry Christmas From Japan

Ahhhh! Look out for the Godzilla-sized kid walking down the road! If this isn't from Japan, I apologize. That's my best guess. Don't even know the names of the performers. I can't help but chuckle when the singing kicks in. They start out like any Christmas song, then HUH? Here are seven cuts.

UPDATE: This is from Korea. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM KOREA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for posting this!
The album actually is from Korea, not Japan...

Merry Xmas from Frankfurt, Germany

Matthias

Anonymous said...

I can confirm the writing is Korean, not Japanese. Cool cover.

Anonymous said...

This is fan-tastic! Very cool.

There is a pretty nasty skip in the first song (Jingle Bells), though.

Anonymous said...

Awesome ! Kooky yet listenable ! Thanx for sharing !

Anonymous said...

Hey Oh! I love this record- Thank you!
I'd like to link to your blog for this. Maybe even post a track, if that's okay. Check out Spabelohi- new stuff daily. http://www.blognow.com.au/spabelohi/
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance of this being re-uploaded? I feel like I'm missing out on something. The cover is so fantastic.

risser said...

Oh, my God, this is such a good album. I usually hate kid-sung stuff, but this is grand. The best is when the kid sings in English in the middle of Silent Night.

The best!
You rock!

Peter

Danny said...

THANKS! Xmas coming Up! Repost possible???