Stop in, look around, have a drink and crank some tunes. I'll be posting some songs ripped from records, some out of print and hard to find stuff, some songs by artists you should be listening to, and a few mixes here and there.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Rankin/Bass :: 'Twas The Night Before Christmas













After the big three (Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town), this is my favorite Rankin/Bass Christmas special. It still plays now and then on cable if you can catch it. The story is about a clock maker who makes a big town clock that will play out on Christmas eve so Santa will visit their town again. I've also isolated just the song Christmas Chimes Are Calling Santa Claus. A really fun Christmas song.

RANKIN/BASS :: 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello and thanks for all the truly excellent postings. I was wondering if you've come across the Santa Claus Orchestra (Polydor, year unknown)? I can't seem to find any information other than Radiohead playing Silent Night by them on one of their Breezeblock mixes.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again for everything. Happy Holidays!
j

Dave said...

This is one of my wife's favorite Christmas Specials. Thanks.
Dave

X Esquire said...

Agreed, outside of the Animagic specials, this was one of Rankin Bass' best specials. Thanks so much, I've always loved this music for this one too.

Sallie Neal said...

I'm disappointed, these won't download. The site keeps timing out. I'll keep trying though.

Anonymous said...

Twas the night before christams is near the top of my list too.
Great music!!
walt
Is there any way you could post the whole lp?? That would be super.

brainwerk said...

Hey Walt - This is the whole lp. Each side is 1/2 the story. I just isolated Christmas Chimes and posted it separately.

Fighting Irish said...

Dude,....seriously,...you just made my Christmas. I loved this special and I never knew this soundtrack existed. You pretty much rule, dude. Greal blog.

Anonymous said...

Part 1 is gone. Is it possible for you to repost it? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i am a little late to the game and would love to hear this album... any chance of re-posting this?

thanks for the christmas comp. it is a great listen!

Anonymous said...

Is there any way possible to re-up this file for Christmas '07? It's a shame that it's not available. I guess I found it too late.